2020 Tablescape Design Contest
2020 TABLESCAPE CONTEST - March 13, 2020 from 3:30 pm to 5:30 pm
The entry fee is $35 and must be included with the Annual Floral Design Show registration. It must be received by MARCH 6, 2020. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE PERMITTED.
Tablescaping is defined as the act of creatively and intentionally arranging a tabletop so that it conveys a specific theme, mood, or experience.
Each tablescape entry will be designed on a 60” round table for 8 guests. Each contestant will be provided a 60” round table with a plain white tablecloth as a base. Contestants must provide all other items for their tablescape including flowers, materials, props, and table linens. To keep with the conference theme, “Inspiration”, contestants should find something that inspires them (for example, a sculpture, picture, something from nature). Designers are given 2 hours to create a tablescape which reflects their inspirational piece. The inspirational piece will be displayed next to the tablescape on a high top provided by ISFA.
Prizes: A panel of judges will determine the winners.
First place - receives a cash prize based on the entry fees collected and a certificate;
Second place - receives full registration to the ISFA 2021 Annual Floral Design Show and a certificate; and
Third place - receives registration to a regular hands-on class at the ISFA 2021 Annual Floral Design Show and a certificate.
1. ENTRY: This contest is open to any retail or wholesale florists or students and can be an individual designer or group entry representing a shop or school.
2. Contestants must preregister for the 2020 Annual Design Show.
3. Please include a short bio and headshot to be displayed with your arrangement after judging.
4. JUDGING: The judges will consist of qualified professional floral designers and may be present during the contest. A points system will be used with a possible 100 total points given to each design by each judge. Designs will be judged based on ten categories. A maximum of 10 points may be given for each of the following categories:
Interpretation, Creativity, Scale (Proportional), Unity (Harmony and Texture), Balance (Physical and Visual), Focal Emphasis, Line (Movement and Rhythm), Depth, Color Balance (Harmony and Rhythm), and Mechanics. Point scale: 0-2 Poor, 3-5 Fair, 6-8 Good, and 9-10 Excellent.
5. DISPLAY: The tablescape designs will remain in place to be viewed throughout the weekend. Contestants must remove their designs between 3:00-5:00 pm on Sunday.
6. No electricity can be used, but battery-operated props are allowed.
7. ISFA OR THE HOST VENUE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ITEMS THAT ARE LOST/DAMAGED.
For more information, please contact Leanne Muenstermann, ICPF at (618) 409-9097 (cell) or (618) 372-3332 (work).